Thursday, January 28, 2010

Oh No - I Know You Didn't...

Used to Have? Sense of Humor? Have You Lost Your Mind?
I really love the sense of humor that some folks used to have,
before they found out they couldn't have that sense of humor anymore.
Most of them are just taking themselves way too seriously trying to
live up to some image that they believe is imposed upon them from
"on high." Where their sense of humor went is hard to say, I know
God didn't suck it out of them, God puts laughter in, not takes it out!
So we know it couldn't be that? Maybe they just have gotten so burned
out watching all the stuff on the television, that they've lost their
ability to listen to really good D.J.'s on the radio, a good friend
of mine is a D.J. and he really has a nutty sense of humor - and NO
Chris Voss, that isn't you, although if you want to see nutty sense of
humor in action, Chris ain' bad, NO, this feller that is a friend of
mine is local to Shreveport Louisiana, goes by Gary Robinson, has a
morning show, I think, which means, he needs a sense of humor. Chris
on the other hand, does his show 24/7, so most days, his head is so
fried, it's hard to imagine him not cracking up laughing. Gary is
doin' it every mornin' that I can get him on the dial, and he is just
excellent for making your morning "get up and get after it." Chris
is wonderful anytime...and they both are examples of laughter that
makes my head hurt less, but that's another joke for another day,
when my wife can't read it and the fryin' pans are put away...
"put the pan down honey...and step away from the counter..."
And The Humor Just Keeps On Rollin'
So it seemed like a day like any other day, kind of getting colder,
the wind made it that way, and there wasn't alot going on, other than,
listening to folks all around me seem down; which is when it occured
to me to "call Chriss man, he'll have something goin' on..." Now usually
I try to respect the fact that Chris is big time, Mr. Business, and he's
usually going to be doing something that I ought to not bug him about.
Chris, of course, always says, "hey man, call me anytime." Which he
knows the good dr. ain' gonna do, on account a his name is...Chris.
I'd said the day previous on Twitter that I might buzz him, a DM
(for the Twitter less among us...that's a Direct Message- which doesn't
get seen by everybody in Twitvil...we hope...) havin' gone his way to
that effect. So Chris naturally didn't answer on the first try...see if
they know "yer" comin' - right?
"They Did What?"
"Chris, this is Dana...how's it goin' man?"
"Ah hey, dude, it's goin' great man, how you doin?"
"Chris you just wouldn't believe all the good stuff goin' on here,
man I can't even imagine it...sometimes...myself..."
And it's one, we will exchange some ideas, some non sense,
and then I get down to the serious sales call bit, which Chris
being a gentlemen, puts up with. Then it happens, as we are
getting into the dynamics of selling I share with Chris that
perception, ah, perception, counts huge...he says "how so man?"
I say, "ever hear of operation "Dynamo drop?"
He says, "can't say as I have, what's a Dynamo drop?"
I say, "WWII, we take a bunch of rubbers that are extra large,
marked the crates as small, and dropped them near the
Russian German front."
"Nuh huh, we didn't ..." I didn't respond ...so he got that it was
real, but asked, "you aren't joking, your serious?"
"Yeah man...it really happened...that really went down..."
Bad, bad, choice of terms, but...he got the point, and was laughin'
a little, sort of chucklin'...I finished it off, "imagine their faces
when they saw those boxes marked "small" and then took out
those balloons? They musta' swore off messin' with us right
then and there, ya reckon?" You can finish this one...but thought
you might enjoy it...have a great day...HEY...do a dynamo drop on
somebody ya love...ooh...bad choice of terms again, huh? Well you
get my meanin' ...help 'em laugh out there folks...we need it...

drd's Blog

Ooh Visit Our Twitter Group 1000 plus strong and growing!

Visit our Facebook effort, it will make ya smile!

Visit our MySpace, strange but sometimes different is good!

Visit our YouTube- it is truly, going to be AWESOME- 3DEEP is coming! Soon!
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment