Tuesday, September 15, 2009

The Thrill Later

Just finished watching a movie that
by design wants you the watcher to
go, "wow"; only, it goes into
overdrive on the "gotcha", just a
tad tiny bit. Ever have that happen?
I say that I remember my first kiss,
in some sense that is true, her name
was Rhonda, and somewhere in the
2nd grade in Torrance California,
somehow I managed to kiss her- don't
ask me how, that was over forty
years ago (being kind to myself
on the age factor here) but this I
remember, all the hype that people
around me put on that first kiss-
it just weren't so.

Back in the days when we still wrote
computer programs (I know some still
do, and do an excellent job of it)
instead of copying off on already put
together systems; someone took the
time and effort to teach me some
programming in UNIX, which is
essentially C programming by any
other name. Wow was I ever proud
of that first program; but the
thing about it is, now, nearly
twenty five years later, it's
practically useless in a video
social networking age.

Put those two salient points together-
they intersect at a place called
speedy change. Many years ago one of
my favorite drummers, Buddy Miles,
did a song cover on "Them Changes."

A place called speedy changes - we're there.

So the question is, are you capable of keeping
pace with it, or is the speed of these changes
going to do you in? My sense is that you
either get on this train, or it runs you
over? And given a choice between seeing
things through the eyes of change, or having
rail marks all over my backside, hey,
I'll take the changes, what about you?

Ooh Visit Our Twitter Group 1000 plus strong and growing!

Visit our Facebook effort, it will make ya smile!

Visit our MySpace effort, it will make you glad you did!

Visit our YouTube- it is truly, going to be AWESOME- 3DEEP is coming! Soon!

Visit the Greatest Online Store there is! No Auctions needed here!

1 comment:

  1. Problem with that train (as I see it's hind lights in the distance) is that you can't just "get on it." You have to run with it and it never slows down.

    ReplyDelete